How to install apk files manually?
Step by step guide on how to install the apk files manually on your android device.
Things you’ll need:
- USB drivers installed on your computer
- A USB cable for your android device (or a connection between your computer system and the android device, which can be either through Bluetooth or wifi)
- The application apk you need to install
- A file manager app installed on your android device (Astro File Manager, File Expert, etc.)
- The android device itself!
- Install the required USB/Bluetooth or Wifi drivers you need to connect your android device to the computer
- Connect your device to the computer
- Download the apk of the app you need to install on your android device
- Transfer the apk file to your android device
- On your device, goto Settings>Applications>Check the box Unknown sources
- Disconnect your device from the computer system
- Use the file manager to explore the apk file on your device
- Click on the apk to open it and install the apk